Having spent more than US$28 million to date on exploration, mostly on drilling, Tembo constructed a treasure trove of data waiting to be interpreted. To analyze this large data set, Tembo entered a collaboration agreement with Goldspot Discoveries Corp, to interpret the Tembo and regional geological data to generate and prioritise exploration targets within Tembo’s licence area.
Using multidisciplinary data driven science, artificial intelligence and machine learning by Goldspot to generate and prioritise targets, optimising outcomes and exploration expenditure has confirmed and quantified numerous high potential targets.
GoldSpot Discoveries is using machine learning as a very powerful extension of geological brainpower to unlock deep value in exploration and investment data. The team comprises of subject-matter experts covering geology to data science, including 8 Ph.D., 10 M.Sc., and 10 professional designations in Engineering and Geoscience.
Utilizing data driven science, artificial intelligence and machine learning, Goldspot is examining our entire database looking for trends to identify areas of potential mineralization at various depths while seeking to minimize exploration risk and mitigate exploration and drilling costs.
- Collaboration with Goldspot Discoveries Corp. to analyze Tembo data, mostly drill results, using data driven science, machine learning and AI
- 54 exploration target points selected and prioritized using a scoring system
- Geophysics interpretation is the primary tool for both target establishment and priority
- Top 20 targets reviewed to determine 2021-22 exploration followup priority and work program
- 2022 initial drill program to target follow up previous high-grade intersections at three top priority targets and two new targets with RC and DD drilling as merited
Has confirmed of multiple targets on the Tembo property and, most importantly, facilitated the spatial definition and prioritisation of the targets that is now the basis for planning a programme of systematic and focused exploration with a high degree of confidence.
In total, the GoldSpot Smart targeting approach was able to identify and rank 54 new targets on the property – Arising out of this a number of recommendations regarding further work programmes have been provided.