Vancouver, BC – May 19, 2020 – Tembo Gold Corp. (TSXV: TEM) (“Tembo” or the “Company”) is pleased to advise that the Company has engaged Datamine Africa (Pty) Ltd of Johannesburg, South Africa, to consolidate and upgrade the Tembo database to the latest SABLE database.
- Datamine Africa retained to upgrade and reconcile Tembo’s database
- Horizon Geomatics will undertake geological interpretation and section construction
- First level sample QA/QC review included
- Former Tembo Exploration Manager and consultant to undertake the geological interpretation
- This work comprises the first steps towards preparing a maiden resource estimate.The process of database consolidation and upgrade will include migration of all historic data to the latest SABLE database format, data cleanup and reconciliation, laboratory data import quality management, external data import and QA/QC, testing, refining and export.The Company has also contracted Horizon Geomatics to construct cross sections and conduct geological interpretation utilizing the Geosoft – Target software application. Alan Goldsmith is the principal at Horizon Geomatics and was formerly a member of the Tembo exploration team. Mr. Goldsmith has been retained as an advisor and consultant and will undertake the interpretation. Mr. Peter Haworth will also assist in the interpretation. Mr. Haworth was the Tembo Exploration Manager during previous drilling campaigns (2012 – 2014).
The geological interpretation will be undertaken along the Ngula 1, Nyakagwe East and Nyakagwe Village targets and comprise 22 sections, 23 sections and 10 sections incorporating 76, 43 and 26 drill holes respectively.
This database upgrade, QA/QC review and interpretation will constitute the first step toward development of a geological resource estimate. The next steps will comprise sample duplicate assays and laboratory check assays, geological modelling and resource estimation, which will require a field programme including relogging, duplicate sampling and sample inspection and splitting from original samples and sample laboratory submission.
An updated NI 43-101 report will be prepared upon completion of the above work programme.
Tembo Gold is a Canadian public company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (“TSX-V”) under the symbol TEM. The Company currently has 100% interest in the Tembo Gold Project that is located adjacent to African Barrick’s 20Moz Bulyanhulu Mine in the prolific Lake Victoria Greenstone belt in Tanzania. Our focus is the discovery and development of gold projects in Africa. The Company has assembled a highly experienced team with a proven history of developing, financing and operating mining projects in Africa.
Certain information set out in this news release constitutes forward-looking information. Forward looking statements are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as “seek”, “anticipate”, “plan”, “continue”, “estimate”, “expect”, “may”, “will”, “intend”, “could”, “might”, “should”, “believe” and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are based upon the opinions and expectations of management of the Company as at the effective date of such statements and, in certain cases, information provided or disseminated by third parties. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward- looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, and that information obtained from third party sources is reliable, they can give no assurance that those expectations will prove to have been correct.. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements included in this document, as there can be no assurance that the plans, intentions or expectations upon which the forward-looking statements are based will occur. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve numerous assumptions, known and unknown risks and uncertainties that contribute to the possibility that the predictions, forecasts, projections and other forward-looking statements will not occur, which may cause actual results in future periods to differ materially from any estimates or projections of future performance or results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, among other things, a significant drop in the price of gold, political turmoil in Tanzania and other risk factors set forth in the Company’s continuous disclosure. Readers are cautioned that this list of risk factors should not be construed as exhaustive. These statements are made as at the date hereof and unless otherwise required by law, the Company does not intend, or assume any obligation, to update these forward-looking statements.
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS NEWS RELEASE.
Tembo Gold Corp.
CFO and Director 1.604.685.9316 firstname.lastname@example.org www.tembogold.com
CEO and Director 255.767.366.146 email@example.com